Listening is more than hearing. Listening is the ability to receive, interpret, and respond to verbal messages and body language in ways that are appropriate to the purpose. It’s estimated that people screen out or misunderstand the meaning of a message in over 70 percent of communications, making listening the biggest contributing factor to miscommunication.
Enhance communication. Strengthen customer relationships. Improve management effectiveness. Reduce conflict. Develop leaders.
Imagine how much easier your conversations would be if you listened and responded with purpose—the purpose of improving your workplace and personal relationships.
The Personal Listening Profile® is a tool that helps people discover their most natural approach to listening while gaining insight into the different listening approaches of others. I will help you understand when your most natural listening approach may not be appropriate, and how to adopt another approach for more successful communication.
Learn five listening approaches you can use to process, organize, store, and retrieve information:
- Appreciative: Listens in a relaxed manner, seeks enjoyment, entertainment, or inspiration.
- Empathic: Listens without judging, is supportive of the speaker, and learns from the experiences of others.
- Comprehensive: Listens to organize and make sense of information by understanding relationships among ideas.
- Discerning: Listens to get complete information, understand the main message, and determine important details.
- Evaluative: Listens in order to make a decision based on information provided and may accept or reject messages based on personal beliefs.
This tool will help you improve employee morale, boost performance and increase the bottom line with more effective communication.
This tool will improve your relationships with your colleagues and help you feel more empowered and excited about your work.
Start with listening skills—only by listening effectively can people respond appropriately.
Book a one-on-one Personal Listening Profile® session with me today or email me about the next online offering.